Covenant Children’s Home provides residential care to children ages 6 to 18, who have been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect.
We are currently recruiting for a married couple to provide respite care. Our houseparents are involved in teaching social skills, self-help skills and independent living skills. Houseparents administer the day to day operations of the family resident including documentation and domestic responsibilities.
Respite houseparents working schedule is every other weekend from Friday 5:00 PM to Sunday 8:00 PM
- Provide direct supervision of up to 8 children in a home.
- Provide teaching, education and support to children to ensure stability and opportunities for growth, including life skills and assistance with homework.
- Provide behavior modification and interventions for children who may require it and who may display behavioral issues.
- Complete all documentation as required to include staffing notes and daily logs.
- Assist with coordinating activities for the children residing at CCH. This will include transportation, supervision and participation.
- Assist in maintaining and caring for houses of CCH, this includes cleaning and preparing meals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Appropriate communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, professionals and children.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office helpful.
- Ability to document appropriately for tracking and reporting purpose.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a DCF background screening.
For consideration, please submit a resume to email@example.com or by fax to 352-489-2331